please read this document carefully and thoroughly before you agree to become a member of TfG or renew your membership package. please also be advised that these Membership Terms, Conditions and Rules may change from time to time. TfG will make an effort to contact you in advance via most efficient means of communication so that you are up to date and informed of the changes and/or modifications.
in these Membership Terms and Conditions the following definitions apply:
|Total Fitness Group, TfG, company, we, us, our, the club, fitness centre, the gym||means Total Fitness Group Pty Ltd.|
|you, your||means the member of TfG|
|contract, agreement, application||means the Application and Contract between TfG and you under which you will become a member of TfG|
|rules||means the rules regulating the operation of equipment, opening hours, behaviour in the club specified in signage and handouts|
FLEX-IT PACKAGE – this membership option allows full access to the gym facilities (most group classes as well as gym equipment area access. It does not include other TfG products such as access to steam baths, physiotherapy etc).
GOLD PACKAGE – allows access to the gym facility at certain specified times (that is, off peak hours starting 5:30am till 3:30pm)
TWO-WEEK – is a fortnight to fortnight package giving access to the gym as well as certain group fitness classes that does not require additional payments.
ONE-WEEK – is a one week payment option giving access to the gym as well as certain group fitness classes that does not require additional payments.
DAY-PASS – is a day pass option giving access to the gym as well as certain group fitness classes that does not require additional payments.
note that the above package options does not include any other service/facility offering including and not limited to steam baths, physiotherapy, testing rooms and other special classes that might be advertised from time to time. note also that from time to time TfG will advertise special classes which are outside the normal activities of the facility. these special classes are different to what has been timetabled well in advance for the purposes of group training sessions.
- CONTRACT FORMATION – a contract arises between us once the Contract has been signed and we accept the Contract. This Contract will be governed by the laws of the Republic of Maldives. as TfG is opting for a paperless environment, all the transactions will be conducted online and your agreement to this contract will advance you to the next phase of becoming a member.
- ACCEPTANCE BY TfG OF THIS CONTRACT – it is important that the terms of the Contract between you and us are clear and for this reason, if there is any conflict between what is set out in this booklet and anything you have been told at the club or over the telephone, the terms in this booklet will prevail unless a staff member (player) acknowledges the discussion. failure by us to enforce any of our rights at any time for any period shall not be construed as a waiver of those rights. we have 5 days after formation of a Contract to rectify any miscalculation reflected within the Application and Agreement.
- CLUB OPERATING HOURS – on normal working weeks, TfG will be open from 5:30am till 10:00pm saturday through to thursday.TfG will be closed on the following public holidays in any given year;
– first of Ramadan
– eid (following Ramadan)
– independence day
– hajj day
– eid (following Hajj day)
Note: that in addition to the above, TfG might declare a holiday based on government’s public holidays. All holidays will be advertised to members well in advance so that member’s can plan their exercising schedules taking into account the holidays. since TfG also conducts various running events throughout a calendar period, its signature run, THE LONG RUN hosted on a Friday morning will be followed by a holiday (that is Saturday following the LONGRUN).
- CLUB ETIQUETTE – you must comply with the Rules. you must ensure you read, understand and abide by the Rules outlined for the club in both signage and handouts, particularly those applying to high risk areas such as shower areas, steam baths and strength equipment areas. some basic etiquette that TfG follows include;
– no shoes worn outside will be allowed to be worn inside TfG (members must have a specific indoor shoe in their gym bags to be work for their exercising)
– towels are mandatory and each member must carry their own towels for the workout
– speaking out loud in the facility could disturb other gym goers. Members must workout quietly and refrain from speaking loud to friends or gym buddies.
– mobile phones are allowed in the gym, but it is absolutely vital that no gym goer speaks loud on the phone (personal music must also be used with headphones without disturbing other gym goers)
– members are advised to wipe their sweat off the machines/equipment that they use (sanitisers and tissues will be available)
– use of any machine/equipment or pieces of equipment must be placed in their original places after use
– treat and interact with other gym goers (including TfG players) with respect at all times
- MEMBERSHIP ENTITLEMENT – your membership entitles you to use the club in accordance with these terms and the rules of the club. note that package specific differences DOES exist in terms of what is being offered to you. your obligations are not dependent on the amount of times you utilise the Club. as a member you are entitled to use the facilities of the Club only during the specified times as set out in your membership type. Memberships are non-assignable, non-transferable and non-refundable except as permitted in these Membership Terms and subject to law.
- MINIMUM AGE – membership is limited to persons who are at least 13 years of age (unless parental approval is given).
- ACCESS TO CLUB – you are required to be issued with an access option (conventional card, key tag or finger print mechanism) when joining and will have your photo attached to your account via our digital membership tracking system. you must not loan your Access Card or permit its use by anyone other than you. your Access Card remains our property and should be returned to the club on termination. replacement cards sold at a nominal charge (currently Mrf200.00).
- CONSEQUENCES OF MISCONDUCT – we reserve the right to refuse entry to any person, including members, and have the right to cancel your membership without warning or notice for serious inappropriate behaviour that is threatening or harassing, and includes damaging equipment in the club and perceived risks, including but not limited to, the use of illegal or performance enhancing drugs. warnings for any breach of these Membership Terms and Conditions or failure to comply with club Rules or acting unreasonably will result in a 1st warning. should a second warning be required, then immediate cancellation of your membership will be made.
- PAYMENT OF FEES – all continuous memberships are paid in advance according to the payment option chosen by the member. you can opt to pay for a month, three months or six months and obtain significant discounts based on your plan.
- ADMIN FEE – is a fee used for all set up costs of a new or renewing membership. this fee is non refundable,.
- CANCELLATION/TERMINATION WITHIN MINIMUM TERM – You can cancel your membership prior to the expiry of the Minimum Term if you become subject to medical incapacity. For cancellation due to medical incapacity, you will only be permitted to cancel your membership if you produce supporting documentation to our satisfaction (in the case of medical reasons, by a qualified medical practitioner certifying that you are sick or incapacitated). Under these circumstances, we will calculate your refunds based on the day on which an official request (with supporting documents) is received by us.
refunds will not be given for any fee paying classes that requires pre-booking followed by a payment to the respective class(es). main thinking behind not giving a refund is merely because classes are operational based on a minimum number of bookings and allowing a refund might mean a last minute cancellation of the class(es).
- FREEZING MEMBERSHIPS – you may take the option of freezing your membership if you have made plans to travel during your active membership period. you can only freeze for a minimum period of seven days to a maximum period of three weeks. emailing [email protected] from your registered email address would activate this option.
- MEMBERSHIP FEE INCREASE – we reserve the right at any time, to increase the fees to be charged, and will use reasonable endeavours to give written notice to the most current address you have supplied. you will be taken to have received notices sent to your registered email address.
- CHANGE IN GST RATE – all fees payable under the contract are “GST inclusive”. if the rate at which GST is charged changes then the fees payable under the contract will increase or decrease by the amount by which GST increases or decreases.
- CONTRACTORS – some contractors, tenants and franchisees provide some of their services, such as personal training, physio and steam bath within the clubs. fees for services are paid separately for services. you hereby release, and indemnify and keep indemnified, us for any claim suffered by you as a result of an act or omission by a contractor, tenant or franchisee in the Club. we will at all times assist, where possible, to resolve any conflict or issues with these contractors, tenants and franchisees and will ensure that relevant qualifications and insurances are kept up to date for all Personal Trainers.
- IMAGE – by signing this Contract you consent to us using your image in any promotion or other material in relation to the business.
- YOUR PHYSICAL CONDITION – you promise and represent on the date of the Contract, and repeat such promise and representation each time you use our facilities, that you are in good physical condition and that you know of no medical or other reason why you are not capable of engaging in active or passive exercise and that such exercise would not be detrimental to your health, safety, comfort or physical condition. TfG staff and many contractors are not medically trained and are therefore not qualified to assess whether you or your guest are in good physical condition and/or that you or your guest can engage in active or passive exercise without detriment to your or their health, safety, comfort or physical condition. we strongly advise you take expert advice prior to commencing any exercise program if you are in any doubt about your or your guest’s ability to engage in active or passive exercise. you shall not use Club facilities whilst suffering from any infections or contagious illness, disease or other ailment or whilst suffering from any physical ailment such as open cuts or sores or minor infections where there is a risk, however small, to other members and guests.
- CLAIMS – from time to time we may have to close for refurbishment. if closed for more than 2 days we will freeze your membership for the period of closure of the club.
- PROMISES BY YOU & US
- YOU promise:
- to make sure that you know how to exercise safely, by asking if necessary and you will use your best endeavours to exercise safely.
- you will not take valuables into the club even if you plan to put them
in the lockers.
- WE promise to comply with all applicable Government Laws & Regulations and:
- carry out our services with due skill and care.
- provide services which are fit for the purpose for which you have joined us taking into account the price for those services, the terms of supply and all relevant circumstances.
- YOUR SAFETY AND PROPERTY
- WARNING – We give you warning that, whilst on our premises you may suffer injuries including broken bones, soft tissue injuries and joint injuries. these injuries may occur as a result of you slipping on wet flooring, weights striking you, collision with equipment or other members.
- RELEASE AND INDEMNITY – in consideration of TfG accepting your application for membership of the Club, and for you becoming and remaining a Member of the Club, you agree that TfG shall not be liable for any loss, damage or theft of any property belonging to, or brought onto any Club premises by you or your guest, occurring on said premises except where caused by gross negligence of TfG. Also that TfG shall not be liable for any death, personal injury or illness occurring upon any Club premises or as a result of the use of facilities and / or equipment provided by TfG, except to the extent that such death, personal injury or illness arises form the gross negligence of TfG.
RULES OF THE CLUB
LOCKERS- lockers are provided for use whilst exercising & will be cleared daily once the club is closed. please be advised that the lockers provided are not security lockers and therefore we request all valuable items are carried. please be aware that we do not accept responsibility for any loss or damage to property that occurs as a result of unknown persons breaking into lockers or where items are not placed in lockers.
CLOTHING & HYGIENE – we require all members and guests to wear suitable clothing (non-offensive) and appropriate enclosed sporting footwear when visiting any of the exercise areas (excluding wet areas). clothing bearing offensive images or inappropriate advertising is not permitted. it is also paramount that personal hygiene is considered when visiting TfG, so it is appreciated that everyone wears deodorant and is aware of their own body odour.
TOWELS – we require all members to use clean towels to lie on when using equipment (including mats) at all times.
SHOES – special shoes designated for your workouts must be worn whilst inside TfG premises. shoes worn outside will not be permitted to be worn for workouts.
WET AREA USAGE – you and your Guests may use all wet areas including but not limited to the steam, and showers. these areas are unsupervised and you use them at your own risk. children must be supervised.
EACH VISIT – access to the club will only be granted to you upon presentation of your access card and (if requested) photo identification.